Friday, September 17, 2010

McLuhan Photoshop Assignment

The image I created shows Maximillian Robespierre, an incredibly influential political figure during the French Revolution, in a traditional boxing poster going up again the new media form of blogging.  In my last post, I used blogs as an example of new, revolutionary media, emphasizing the fact that, in today's technological world, anybody (literally, anybody) can have their work published for all to see.  

This has not always been the case.  It used to be incredibly difficult for one to voice their opinion and even harder to have an audience that is willing to hear it.  
That is why I created this image.  The quotes above the picture were from the original boxing poster, but I thought they fit.  The blogspot logo is saying, "Hand me the torch, or I'll just take it."  It's very true.  The torch has already been passed.  Welcome to Blogspot.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment